Immunity Booster Drinks That You Must Have
The word ‘immunity’ became an everyday occurrence in our daily conversations since the offset of the pandemic in 2020. Right from homemade versions to drinks laced with turmeric, we all went back to our kitchen and came up with umpteen drinks to increase our immunity. Of course, it is not an overnight process. However, a robust immune system is necessary to fight off disease-causing pathogens. Not just during the pandemic, but one should work on building a stronger immunity throughout their life.
Exercising and having a balanced and wholesome diet of vitamins and minerals are the ways you can build your immunity. And if you need an extra dose, add these immunity booster drinksto your daily diet.
1. Turmeric Immunity Shots
Rich in curcumin, an antioxidant known for its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric is an excellent ingredient when it comes to boosting one’s immunity. While you can always have a glass of haldi doodh (boiled milk with turmeric) before bed, try this turmeric immunity shot next time, especially if you feel under the weather.
- To make this immunity booster drink at home, you just need half a teaspoon of black pepper powder and a full teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add both of these in lukewarm water and mix well.
- Now, add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice and drink up.
This is an excellent immunity booster drink you can try when your immunity is concerned.
This is also known as herbal tea, and this is one of the best immunity booster drink to have at home. Drinking it twice a day, when the coronavirus’s double mutant strain is spreading, is highly recommended. The benefits of drinking this herbal concoction include regulation of your blood sugar levels, improvement of gut health and rapid healing. It also provides instant relief from cold and cough and helps combat respiratory conditions like asthma and bronchitis.
- Follow this immunity booster drink recipe to make it properly.
- Boil 500 ml of water in a saucepan. After a few minutes, add 3-4 tulsi leaves, grated ginger, one teaspoon of cardamom powder and ajwain powder each, half teaspoon of black pepper powder and cinnamon powder.
- Lastly, add 3-4 cloves and let all of it boil for 10-15 minutes. Add green tea/black tea leaves and let the concoction boil for another 5-10 minutes.
- You can add a teaspoon of jaggery or honey to sweeten it.
You can also buy the ingredients from Big Basket.
3. Ginger – turmeric – apple cider vinegar drink
All the ingredients involved in making the best immunity booster drink can be found in your kitchen but helps in building your immunity. Apple cider vinegar stops the growth of pathogens in your body by strengthening your gut. Turmeric and ginger have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, which again help heal the body by increasing the number of white blood cells, essential in fighting diseases in the body. To make this immunity booster drink,
- Boil a cup of water. Add a single root of turmeric and grated ginger to this. Let all of this boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Once it has been boiled, strain it in a cup and let it cool down. Add apple cider vinegar and a little bit of honey to it.
- Stir well and drink up for that much-needed immunity.
4. Ajwain Immunity Shots
Chock-full with medicinal and healing properties, ajwain water has been long used as one of the home remedies for period cramps. Not only this, it makes for an excellent immunity boosting drink because of its anti-inflammatory properties. To make it at home,
- Take a saucepan and boil water in it. Now add ajwain or carrom seeds in it.
- Once it has boiled a bit, add basil leaves and black pepper powder to the mixture.
- Let the entire concoction boil for a good five minutes.
- After that, strain it in a mug and add a bit of honey once it has cooled down.
5. Beet – carrot – ginger and apple juice
Another excellent immunity booster drink is renowned for its anti-inflammatory properties. It works wonder not just for people with symptoms like cold, cough, and the common flu but also for rheumatoid arthritis patients. Moreover, thanks to the beets and apples, this drink is also rich in potassium, Vitamin A, B and C. To make this immunity booster drink at home,
- Take fresh beetroots, apple and carrots. Blend all of them in a blender or juicer and add ginger juice to it.
- Now, strain the pulp out of this and collect freshly squeezed juice that will bolster your immunity.
All of these immunity-boosting drinks are effective only as a long-term solution. It is not a quick-fix coronavirus remedy. Consult your doctor if you have severe symptoms and have these drinks to alleviate cold and cough only. Pandemic or not, building immunity is necessary, and for this, a healthy lifestyle is compulsory.