6 Refreshing Coffee Recipes You Must Try
Probably one of the best things to have happened during the lockdown is the Dalgona coffee trend. Unless you are living under a rock you cannot have missed this delicious, whipped coffee that’s been trending on social media for months now! We have shortlisted the best Dalgona coffee recipe and some more for every coffee connoisseur to try at home. If you are planning to buy your ingredients, then order it from bigbasket – best part they will all get home delivered to you.
1. How to make Dalgona coffee at home?
- Instant coffee – 1 Tbsp
- Sugar – 1 Tbsp
- Hot water – 1 Tbsp
- Milk (chilled or hot) – ¾ cup to 1 cup
- Ice cubes
- Mix instant coffee, sugar, and hot water in a mixing bowl. Blend well using a hand-mixer or milk frother at high speed until it forms stiff peaks.
- If you don’t have any of these gadgets, you may whisk manually using a fork. It works just fine but takes a much longer time.
- Add ice cubes in a mug or glass. Pour milk over it.
- Scoop out the whipped coffee on top of the milk and serve.
2. Cold Smoked Coffee Brewed with Star Anise
- Strong coffee – 1 Tbsp
- Water – about 300ml
- Star Anise – dried, small segments
- Milk – as desired
- Infuse water with star anise for about 2-3 hours.
- Use only one or two ‘segments’ of star anise fruit for 300 ml of water as the flavors can be very intense.
- After the infusion is complete, remove the star anise and bring the water to a boil. Turn off the heat.
- Place a Tbsp of coffee in a pour-over filter.
- Pour the hot water (with the small bit of star anise) over the coffee grounds in the filter apparatus.
- Strain out the brew using a fine strainer.
- Add sugar and/or some warm fresh cream as desired. Serve.
3. Affogato (Italian recipe)
- Vanilla ice cream – 1 scoop
- Strongly brewed coffee or espresso – 2 ounces
- Grated chocolate – 1 small piece
- In a chilled glass or dessert dish, place a large scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream.
- Slowly pour the espresso or coffee over the ice cream.
- Sprinkle the grated chocolate.
- Serve with a spoon.
4. Piccolo Coffee
- Coffee – 1 Tbsp
- Whole milk
- Heat milk on a low flame and whisk it to form stiff foam.
- Use 20 gm of dark roasted coffee powder to extract a ristretto using a pot or an espresso maker.
- In a small glass, combine the coffee and the foam.
- Serve fresh.
5. Cold Brew
- Coarsely ground coffee – 1 Tbsp
- The ground coffee stirs into (1:5 ratio) in a tall glass jar/container.
- Make sure this container is sealed and leave it in the fridge or a cool dry place for about 24 hours.
- Strain the coffee using a muslin cloth into a jar or vessel and store it in the fridge.
- Serve over ice or milk and enjoy cold.
- You may even choose to blend this into a variety of cocktails or mocktails.
6. New Orleans style Café Noir
- Drip-ground coffee – 4 Tbsp
- Salt (optional) – a pinch
- Filtered water – 4 cups
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Place the coffee and salt (optional) into a filter in the brewing basket of your coffee maker.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add enough water to moisten the coffee and then pour about 1/2 cup of water into the filter.
- Wait for the water to drip through, and then add another 1/2 cup of water.
- Repeat this process until you have brewed all 4 cups of water.
- Serve immediately or keep hot in your coffeemaker until ready to serve.
- Add sugar to taste if required.