Handpicked Homestays in Kodaikanal For You
More extended vacations or staycations (and work getaways) are here to stay long after the pandemic is over. With work from home becoming the new normal and a hybrid approach the top choice among employees, it is no surprise that people will be working from home or homestays for time to come.
And why shouldn’t you? Homestays give you the option of rejuvenating yourself in a beautiful corner of the country, far from the hustle and the jarring noise of the city. This is why we have brought a list of the most luxe boutique homestays in Kodaikanal that will not only calm your mind but become a familiar and comfortable abode for a couple of months.
Whether it is a short vacation or more extended stays with families and friends, whatever it is, these handpicked homestays in Kodaikanal offer a different vista each morning, plenty of freshly brewed coffee and trails that take you through lush forests and gardens. Excited for that much-needed R&R? Keep reading and choose your pick.
List of best homestays in Kodaikanal for fun vacation:
1. Earthship Karuna
A sustainable and eco-friendly homestay that is entirely self-sufficient! With its solar panels and earthy atmosphere, Earthship Karuna is the perfect getaway for people seeking solitude and solace. With the entire homestay enveloped in lush greenery, you get to wake up to the views of the mountains. Add to that a spiral staircase, beautiful potted plants dotting the premises and colourful murals, and you have an aesthetic homestay worthy of Instagram.
When you have had your fill of one of the best Kodaikanal homestays, head out in the private garden for a leisurely walk or embark on an exhilarating adventure complete with trekking and hiking. Waterfalls and streams are gurgling nearby that make for an excellent picnic spot as well. And if you don’t feel like packing a basket, a vegetarian restaurant sits right next to one of the waterfalls. Plan your itinerary with all of this and other activities in mind when spending your days at Earthship Karuna.
- Location: Prakasapuram, Village, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
- Price: INR 9,000 for two per night on Airbnb
- Nearest Airport: Madurai Airport – 135 km (a drive of 3 hours)
- Nearest Railway Station: Palani Station – 66 km (a drive of 2 hours)
- Nearest City: Madurai – 116 km, Coimbatore – 172 km
2. Cocos Nucifera
Stunning view of the mountains and valleys shrouded in mist? Check. A homestay that sits atop a hill? Check. Named after the coconut palms that you will find in plenty in South India, Cocos Nucifera is one of the best homestays in Kodaikanal that should be on your radar. Consisting of a wooden cottage that is both cosy and warm, the entire homestay is perfect for someone who loves their seclusion above everything else.
You can simply sit out on the balcony and enjoy your hot cuppa of coffee (after you have explored the plantations) while you soak in the view of the Kodai Lake that is visible from the homestay. The sprawling lawns of this homestay in Kodaikanal give you an opportunity for leisurely walks, having a picnic or an open bonfire under the stars. Don’t forget to relish the excellent cuisine of the place while you are enjoying your tranquillity.
- Location: Sivaganga Estate, Observatory Road, Kodaikanal, 624103
- Price: INR 6,000 per night for two people. On Airbnb
- Nearest Airport: Madurai Airport – 137 km (Drive of 3 hours 25 minutes)
- Nearest Railway Station: Palani Railway Station – 69 km (Drive of 2 hours)
- Nearest City: Madurai – 119 km, Coimbatore – 175 km
If you are looking for a quaint Kodaikanal homestay with food and plenty of green spaces, Dalethorpe should be on your list. This archaic English-style bungalow from the 1930s makes for an excellent retreat situated near Kodai Lake. Beautiful suites and cottages to deluxe rooms, you will find every accommodation type depending on your requirement.
The best part of Dalethorpe is the old-world charm it exudes. Moreover, the views of the meadows, pine groves and eucalyptus trees make it all the more surreal and magical. Sit back and soak in the stunning vistas all around you as you sip on your cup of coffee.
- Location: Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
- Price: INR 2,000 per night
- Nearest Airport: Madurai Airport – 135 km (Drive of 3 hours 20 minutes)
- Nearest Railway Station: Palani Railway Station – 66.5 km (Drive of 2 hours)
- Nearest City: Madurai – 117 km, Coimbatore – 178 km
4. Whispering Waters
One of the best homestays in Kodaikanal, Whispering Waters blends the contemporary and classic effortlessly. Keeping the essence of a countryside abode alive, the homestay manages to provide all the modern amenities one needs for a comfortable and memorable stay. There are three cottages sequestered from each other, ensuring you all the privacy and peace you need.
The mountain views become your #viewfromwork today if you are planning to do your workcations from here. And the proximity to the Kodai Lake gives you a spot for not only your evening and morning runs but also someplace from where you can watch the sun go down as you have your coffee and tea.
An in-house restaurant not only keeps you full of sumptuous cuisine but also homemade meals three times a day. It is indeed a perfect place for those long staycations that we all need.
- Location: Dindigul, Tamil Nadu 624103
- Price: INR 14,000 per night for two people. On Airbnb
- Nearest Airport: Madurai Airport – 139 km (Drive of 4 hours 20 minutes)
- Nearest Railway Station: Palani Railway Station – 70 km (a drive of 2 hours 20 minutes)
- Nearest City: Coimbatore – 177 km, Madurai – 121 km
Of course, there are plenty of other Kodaikanal homestays,but these are our picks regarding tranquil retreats. Do your research and travel only when it is advisable, and the virus is behind us. Till then, plan your itinerary, look at the tickets and places to stay on Travel Now, a one-stop solution for all things travel by digibank.